Here comes trouble. Linden Ashby has resurrected his role of Cameron Kirsten on The Young and the Restless, the twisted character who once beat up Sharon and has spent the past 20 years in the slammer.
Linden Ashby on Young and the Restless
Ashby, who originally played Cameron from 2003 to 2004, got his daytime start on the ABC soap Loving back in 1985. He also portrayed Paul Hollingsworth on Days of our Lives in 2008. His lengthy career has thrived, spanning nighttime and film. Among the highlights, he played Morgan Earp in the movie Wyatt Earp opposite Kevin Costner’s title character, and Lance Reventlow, the only son of Woolworth heiress Barbara Hutton, in the Golden Globe-winning miniseries Poor Little Rich Girl: The Barbara Hutton Story.
Want to learn more about the actor? Here are seven things to know about Linden Ashby.
1. If name is any indication of success, Ashby always seemed destined for great things. He was born Clarence Linden Garnett Ashby III.
2. Linden majored in business and psychology in college. Then he started doing theater, fell in love with acting, and dropped out of school. He promptly moved to New York and began studying at The Neighborhood Playhouse with renowned acting coach, Sanford Meisner.
3. Ashby is related to one of his co-stars on The Young and the Restless. Susan Walters, who plays Diane Jenkins, is his real-life wife. The couple met on the set of Loving in 1985 and have been married since 1986. They have two daughters, Grace and Savannah.
4. One of his most notable projects was playing Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat, a martial arts film that has become a cult classic. Ashby went on to voice the character in the Mortal Kombat 11 video game.
5. Having tinkered with karate in college, the aforementioned film increased Ashby’s interest in martial arts. He’s studied it consistently ever since, taking classes in Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Tang Soo Do, and Krav Maga. “I love it,” he says. “It keeps you in shape, and you keep learning new things,”
6. He cites Paul Newman as his biggest professional influence. When Ashby was in his early 20s, he got to know the legendary actor. “He was a huge influence,” notes Ashby. “His work ethic and his idea that you never stop working on your craft has always stayed with me.”
7. You can follow Ashby on Instagram at @linden_ashby. He currently has 259,000 followers.