It’s a blow to The Young and the Restless (YR) to lose Mishael Morgan, who’s been entertaining fans for five years as the dynamic Hilary Curtis!
As sad as the news is that Morgan is leaving, Y&R is going to have to find a way to move on!
So, we at Soap Hub, decided to play armchair head writer and propose five ways &R can fill the storyline void that will left by Morgan and Hilary. And, by the way, these suggestions aren’t reliant upon finding Devon (Bryton James) another love interest!
1. To Recast Or Not. While Y&R counts many successful recasts among its cast — including Peter Bergman (Jack), Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki) and Jess Walton (Jill) — it might be best to give Hilary an off-screen rest before attempting to replace her!
2. Bring Back Dru! Fans would love to see Victoria Rowell return as Neil’s presumed dead wife, Drucilla; she’s also Devon’s adopted mom. Her return might remind Devon that there are all kinds of ways to become a parent.
3. Make Room For “Mevon”! While “Hevon” is going to have to wait in light of Morgan’s exit, perhaps Devon could find his way back to his ex, Mariah? And why would their couple handle be “Mevon”? It sure beats “Dariah!”
4. Order In The Court. Wouldn’t it be great if Angell Conwell returned as Leslie Michaelson? She’s one of Neil’s loves, a savvy attorney, and she helped make sense out of the convoluted mystery of what happened to Rose, Hilary’s late mom? Leslie’s great!
5. Moses’ Mom! We know Neil is close to his ex-wife, Sofia, played by Julia Pace Mitchell, because Neil went to New York to look after their son Moses while Sofia was ill. Again, we’re not advocating (or not advocating) Sofia as a love interest for Devon — we’re talking about ways to fill the air time left by Hilary’s exit.
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check local listings for airtimes.