When it comes to The Young and the Restless, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of Y&R’s week that was.
The Young and the Restless: The Critic Offers HIS Take
I love a good love triangle. It’s classic soap. But when a writer has to contrive a third of the à trois, you know there’s trouble. As I outlined in last week’s column, no way would Danny (Michael Damian) give human wrecking ball Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) the time of day let alone be on the verge of succumbing to her charms.
That said, Danny and Christine’s (Lauralee Bell) scenes were nostalgia at its finest, and I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll see more of these two growing ever closer — hopefully without the interference of a certain flame-haired menace.
Further Y&R Musings
* Equally as tiresome as this show’s obsession with business roulette is the insistence from the Newman clan that Adam (Mark Grossman) is Satan incarnate. If nothing else, it’s served to get me rooting for Adam and Sally (Courtney Hope) again.
Speaking of Sally, here’s hoping that she’ll soon find herself in a storyline that doesn’t necessitate her acting as a prize to be won.
* It continues to amaze me that The Powers That Be seem dead set on keeping Chloe a one-note, anti-Adam shrew rather than embrace the majesty that is Elizabeth Hendrickson and give her something of substance.
* It’s obvious that management sees Nicholas (Joshua Morrow) and Sharon (Sharon Case) as one another’s endgame, but when it’s equally obvious that one half of the equation isn’t interested in returning to the well, it’s hard to jump on the bandwagon.
* Only on Y&R, well, make that only on Josh Griffith’s Y&R, can drama be wrung from “You sat in the boss’s chair. I’m telling!”
* So….is the show just dispensing with Sharon’s return to the business world?
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!