[dropcap]O[/dropcap]n October 15th, 2015 a new doctor arrived in Genoa City. Yes, Michael E. Knight joined the cast of the “Young and the Restless” as Dr. Simon Neville.
Depending on who you ask, Dr. Neville is a genius that deserves credit for his innovative approach to medicine or he’s reckless with no regard for his patients, and needs constant supervision.
Knight certainly is perfect for this controversial, yet surprisingly vulnerable character. Here are five facts about Michael E Knight that you might not be aware of.
[relbar link=”https://soapshows.com/young-and-restless/news/young-and-the-restless-yr-david-lago-superman/” text=” Young and the Restless Alum Starring As Superman!”]
1. Michael E Knight was born in Princeton, New Jersey on May 7th, 1959.
2. He is well known for his playing Tad “The Cad” Martin on ABC’s “All My Children” for decades.
3. Knight was also married from 1992 to 2006 to soap alum Catherine Hickland alumni of “One Life to Live.” Hicklansd was once married to David Hasselhoff, who played Michael Knight on “Knight Rider.” Knight, not to be outdone by Kevin Bacon, also played the father to Justin Bruening, who went on the star as Michael Knight in the remake of “Knight Rider.”
4. Knight earned a degree in theater arts from Wesleyan College and later trained at Circle in the Square in New York. The character of Tad Martin earned him two Daytime Emmy Awards.
5. Last, but certainly not least, Knight is also known for his famous boiled peanut recipe that can be found at various locations in North Georgia! If you’re out that way, try it because you’ll definitely like it.
Knight is one of those prolific actors that can do it all, and we can’t wait to see what happens next with Dr. Simon Neville.
Y&R Trivia Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Victoria Newman?