[dropcap]S[/dropcap]ince Justin Hartley took over the role of the fan favorite character Adam Newman in 2014, he’s been hitting all the right notes and has become one those villains we want to hug.
Hartley is hardly new to daytime television and being a fan favorite. Here are five facts that you may or may not have known about the talented Mr. Hartley.
- Justin Scott Hartley was born in Knoxville, IL on January 29,1977 and grew up in Orland Park, IL. He has an older brother (Nathan) and two younger sisters (Megan and Gabriela). In high school, Hartley played baseball, basketball, and soccer and still follows his two favorite baseball teams, the Cubs and Dodgers.
- It’s hardly surprising that Adam delivered Sage’s baby and saved both their lives, or that he rushed into a burning building to rescue his wife and son. Hartley played Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in Smallville 2006 for a seven-episode arc, and was also a series regular in 2008. In 2007, he was cast as Arthur Curry in the television movie Aquaman. Being a hero seems to be second nature for Hartley.
- Acting is not Hartley’s only talent. He co-wrote “Smallville’s” 2010 episode “Sacrifice” and directed the 2011 episode “Dominion”.
- Hartley is also a proud father. He and ex-wife Lindsay Korman had their little girl Isabella Justice on July 3, 2004. Unfortunately, the two divorced after eight years of marriage. They now share joint custody and co-parent. Hartley has been dating former Days of Our Lives star Chrishell Stause since 2014.
- During his down time, Hartley can be found playing basketball, hanging out with Stause and his beloved half-beagle/half-terrier called The Gooch.
Y&R airs weekdays on CBS. Share your thoughts! Leave a comment in the section below or in our brand-new forums. Additionally, for more The Young and the Restless spoilers and news updates, join the conversation on Soap Shows’ Y&R Facebook page, and follow Soap Shows’ Twitter for around-the-clock Genoa City updates.
|Related Article: Y&R Weekly Spoilers: Victor ‘s Revenge and Nikki’s Alcohol Problem|