A worldly young woman named Jordan has arrived in Genoa City, and 19-year-old Madison Thompson is playing her. The Atlanta native, who began performing at the age of 10, is perhaps best known for her work as Erin Pierce on the third season of Netflix hit, Ozark. However she’s also appeared on American Housewife, NCIS New Orleans and Kevin (Probably) Saves the World.
Madison Thompson Joins The Young and the Restless
Want to know more about the bright and energetic young actress? Here are seven fun and interesting facts about Madison Thompson.
1. Thompson is a big fan of Tina Fey and would love to work on any of her projects – a 30 Rock reboot, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Mean Girls on Broadway. In fact, she calls Fey one of her “biggest inspirations.”
2. She loves chocolate. No, really loves chocolate. Not only is it her favorite thing to snack on, but she’s also created an Instagram account dedicated to the cocoa concoction. The handle is @choco.lot and the tagline reads “cheers to my fellow chocoholics, sweet posts, and early onset diabetes.”
3. Madison Thompson got into the business in middle school, when her parents signed her up for on-camera acting classes. At the time, she needed an after school activity, and she wasn’t into soccer practice. Acting started out as pure enjoyment, but, eventually, turned into a career.
4. She’s a full-time student at the University of Southern California, enrolled in Business Cinematic Arts. It’s a joint degree program between the Marshall Business School and the School of Cinematic Arts, exploring the financial and producing side of the entertainment industry. Plus, she declared a minor Musical Theater Minor in the Thornton School of Music.
5. Giving back is important to Thompson. She volunteers for the Foundation for Hospital Art, a force dedicated to softening hospital environments with paintings, wall murals, and ceiling tiles. And she uses social media to connect with families in her community so that they can volunteer, too.
6. Her all-time dream role is Glinda in Wicked on Broadway because the character provides comic relief in the production and spreads positivity. Plus, she descends on stage in a bubble, which Thompson calls a “bucket list” undertaking.
7. Having grown up watching superhero films, Madison Thompson would love to play one in a Marvel or DC Comics movie or TV show, too. She’d welcome working with green screens and, of course, the opportunity to do her own stunts. The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes.