When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: The Critic’s POV
Is there a more disgusting person across the whole of daytime than Liam Spencer (Scott Clifton)? And, not only out and out disgusting, but delusional, hypocritical, and downright asinine in his thinking as well?
It’s one thing to not take the obvious hint that Steffy (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) just isn’t that into him. She did, after all, pointedly ignore his pathetic voicemail and return to her husband.
But, to suggest that he’d be the best option to protect Steffy from Sheila (Kimberlin Brown)?! And not for nothing, but even if Finn (Tanner Novlan) were out of the picture, and presuming for a moment that Steffy would take him back, they would still be raising Sheila’s grandson — and Lord knows she’d want access.
Unless Liam actually expects Steffy to turn custody of the tyke over to Finn which I wouldn’t put past him at this point. And, he calls Thomas (Matthew Atkinson) crazy. Thomas is the poster boy for mental health next to Liam.
Further B&B Musings
* Goodbye Amelia and hello…Brodie, was it? Equally head-scratching, since when is Steffy and Finn’s master bedroom on the ground floor?
* Has there ever been an inanimate object outside of say, General Hospital‘s Ice Princess, given such prominence in a storyline than Eric’s stapler?
* If nobody but Eric can’t sit in his prized chair in his prized office, where is Steffy, the co-CEO of the company supposed to conduct her business? Then again, given the amount of time she actually spends at the office, I suppose it is a moot issue.
* If Taylor (Krista Allen) is such a “special kind of person” why did she let her own personal feelings about Ridge and Brooke’s coupling keep her from rallying by her children’s sides during some of their darkest hours?
* Is it just me, or is what’s going on at Forrester Creations i.e. Ridge (Thorsten Kaye) pacifying Eric (John McCook) with the lie that he won the fashion showdown exactly what the latter was hoping to avoid by keeping his medical condition to himself?
* I get that love can make a person say and do crazy things, but Thomas has to be as mad as Brooke fears him to be to dub Hope the “star” of FC.
* Oh, how I had hope (pun intended) that Thomas (Matthew Atkinson) and Hope (Annika Noelle) had truly learned the lesson that so many of their contemporaries failed to when it comes to locking the door before engaging in amorous activities. Especially considering they’d done so twice before.
But, of course, the third time couldn’t prove to be the charm because the scriptwriters had to contrive a way for Steffy to catch the pair in the act.
* The outright violation of HIPAA aside, I couldn’t help but appreciate Dr. Colby (Justiin Davis) giving Ridge back just as much attitude as he was given.
* While it’s gratifying to hear Brooke and Ridge grant that more of Eric’s loved ones need to be clued in on his terminal diagnosis, still, neither one of them thought to mention Thorne (Windsor Harmon), Felicia, Kristen, Marcus, nor Zende (Delon de Metz).
* Why are Sheila’s detractors so surprised by her waitressing at Il Giardino? Was that not where she toiled between her last appearance in 2018 and her return in 2021?
But while it’s not so surprising that the show forgot that little factoid (in fact, it’s exceedingly rare for B&B to actually reference its own history), I was practically flummoxed by Hope recalling the whole “Steffy conspiring to strand her on a gondola” storyline.
The Bold and the Beautiful airs weekdays on CBS. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest posts on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!