All four broadcast soaps walked away with gold statuettes at the 44th annual Daytime Emmy Creative Arts ceremony in Pasadena Friday. But, Days of Our Lives (DOOL) won the night.
The 51-year-old soap earned the most with five awards, including one for first-time winner casting director Marnie Saitta!
The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless each won three. And General Hospital won by a hair — literally — taking home the statuette for Outstanding Hairstyling in a Drama Series.
Here’s a list of the winners:
The Bold and the Beautiful
- Outstanding Technical Direction for a Drama Series, Gary Chamberlin, Jim Dray, John Carlson, Dean Lamont, Ted Morales, Robert Bosio, and Scha Jani
- Outstanding Costume Design for a Drama Series, Glenda Maddox
- Outstanding Makeup for a Drama Series, Christine Lai-Johnson, Leilani Baker, Chris Escobosa, Joleen Rizzo, and Jennifer Wittman
Days of Our Lives
- Outstanding Cast for a Drama Series, Marnie Saitta
- Outstanding Live & Direct to Tape Sound Mixing, Kevin Church, Michael Fiamingo, Chris Lewis, Joseph Lumer, Jenee Muyeau, Lugh Powers, Samantha Stone, Stu Randolph, Harry Young, and Roger Cortes
- Outstanding Music Composition for a Drama Series, Paul F. Antonelli, SAtephen Reinhardt, Kenneth R. Corday, and D. Brent Nelson
- Outstanding Original Song for a Drama Series, “When Time Was on Our Side,” Genesee Nelson
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination, Terry James
- Outstanding Hairstyling for a Drama Series, Anzhela Adzhiyan, Kelly Davison, Nicole Moore, and Linda Osgood
The Young and the Restless
- Outstanding Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scene Design for a Drama Series, David Hoffman, Jennifer Savala, Fred Cooper, Jennifer Haybach, and Jennifer Herwitt
- Outstanding Lighting Direction for a Drama Series, William Roberts and Ray Thompson
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing for a Drama Series, Derek Berlatsky, Kimberley Everett, Rafael Gertel, Andrew Hachem, and Tina Keller
Don’t miss when the rest of the awards are handed out on Sunday for actors, actresses, writing, directing and best show tomorrow by going to the Daytime Emmy Awards’ Facebook page.
Share your thoughts, leave a comment in the section below. For more soap opera spoilers updates and news, join the conversation on our Facebook page!