When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: The Critic’s POV
While I continue to appreciate a great many things that new writers are bringing to the table, there were still moments this week that made me go “HUH?!”
* Olivia (Lisa LoCicero) volunteering herself to help Nina (Cynthia Watros) plan her wedding to Sonny (Maurice Benard) and Nina agreeing?
* Gregory (Gregory Harrison) taking Tracy (Jane Elliot) to task for wanting to see Ned (Wally Kurth) institutionalized. First and foremost, what business is it of his?
* Curtis’s (Donnell Turner) and Trina’s (Tabyana Ali) near instantaneous adoption of father/daughter roles. Several beats necessary to make that development believable have been skipped over. [Not to mention the total ignorance of poor Taggert (Réal Andrews) who, when last we checked in, seemed to be heading for (ANOTHER) downward spiral.]
* The total contrivance that was Carly (Laura Wright) needing to be “signed out” of police custody.
* Nina’s (Cynthia Watros) needing to be talked off the proverbial ledge after waking up to find that Sonny had left their bed. What did she think marrying a mobster was going to be like?
* Liz (Rebecca Herbst) and Finn (Michael Easton)…ugh…just Liz and Finn in general. Am I alone in thinking that these two are the most unappealing couple to come down the pike in quite some time? Also, is it just me, or do they keep having the same, cyclical conversations?
* Walking target Anna (Finola Hughes) decides to go for a late-night run and leaves her house unlocked.
Further GH Musings
* A revisitation of Robert (Tristan Rogers) and Diane (Carolyn Hennesy)? Yes, please!
* I’ll admit it. Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) and Sam (Kelly Monaco) are really growing on me.
* Torture porn though it may be [and it most certainly is], no one can deny that Sofia Mattsson [Sasha Gilmore] is bringing anything less than her A-game.
* Stick a fork in Sprina because they’re [almost certainly] done. The writing is on the wall, and the fans of the couple are going to revolt…mostly because it’s revolting that poor Trina seems poised to lose out to despicable “Esmenesia” (Avery Kristen Pohl)
General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!