When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
If there’s one thing that General Hospital ain’t, it’s subtle. They’re very much like The Bold and the Beautiful when it comes to dropping storyline anvils, and it’s an approach that I can appreciate.
So, having seen and heard Ryan Chamberlin (Jon Lindstrom) describe Esme Prince’s (Avery Kristen Pohl) mother as someone he shouldn’t have turned his back on, then flashback to a time when a knife-wielding Felicia Scorpio (Kristina Wagner) literally stabbed him in the back, it seems pretty clear to me that we now know who birthed Esme. And as per usual, it’s all Felicia’s fault!
It also goes a long way in proving my theory that the best daughter that woman never raised is/was Georgie, and that’s only by virtue of her being dead.
Further GH Musings
* Everybody knows how I feel about General Hospital’s Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright), so just let me point this out, and I’ll move on. Notice how she promised Drew Cain (Cameron Mathison) that she’d, “do the right thing,” should the DNA test prove that Willow Tait (Katelyn MacMullen) are mother and daughter and not that she’d tell the women the truth? Given that Carly has a penchant for keeping children away from their rightful parents, I’m not seeing her coming clean.
* For someone who says that he’s not judging, it sure does seem like TJ Ashford (Tajh Bellow) is judging Curtis Ashford (Donnell Turner), and harshly at that. You’d think he’d be thankful that his play uncle – because let’s not forget that Shawn Butler (Sean Blakemore) and not Thomas Ashford, is TJ’s biological father – thought so much about him and the other people in his orbit to make sure that Marshall (Robert Gossett) wasn’t a threat to their safety.
TJ’s acting like Curtis should have just taken the word of the man who abandoned him, his brother, and his mother at face value.
* Considering the fact that psychic medium Chelsea Lam (Jen Ray) was right on the money when she told Laura Collins (Genie Francis) that Nikolas Cassadine (Marcus Coloma) wasn’t dead, shouldn’t she be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to her claim that Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst) is indeed being haunted?
* General Hospital continues to be chockablock with odd pairings of folks – both romantic and platonic – that I never would think would work but somehow they do; think: Liesl Obrecht (Kathleen Gati) and Scott Baldwin (Kin Shriner), Liesl and Anna Devane (Finola Hughes), Nina and Ava Jerome Cassadine (Maura West), Laura and Curtis, and Laura and Ava. The soap’s latest odd couple that I could see myself getting behind? Felicia and Nina.
* It pains me to say this. Really it does. But Nikolas had a point when it comes to Laura and her blind spot where Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard) is concerned. That’s an odd couple I’ll never throw my support behind.
General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.