When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
I’m going to hope and pray that Chris and Dan/Dan and Chris are gearing up to deliver a “gotcha ya!” moment and reveal that Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers) and Holly Sutton (Emma Samms) are somehow, someway in league with one another and pulling a number on Victor Cassadine (Charles Shaughnessy). Otherwise, General Hospital has done all kinds of wrong by two of its most popular characters — and all for the sake of advancing shock and awe plot that real fans could do without.
Also, it suuuuuuuuucks that the not-so-dynamic writing duo saw fit to lumber Britt Westbourne (Kelly Thiebaud) with a disease from which she can’t possibly recover. Why sacrifice such a vibrant and viable character? And to diagnose her and then write her out? Talk about an ignoble exit.
Further GH Musings
* All the kudos to Kathleen Gati and Thiebaud.
* Apparently Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright) and I have a different definition for the word homewrecker because I remember what she did to Bobbie (Jacklyn Zeman) and Tony Jones (Brad Maule) and that was textbook homewrecking as far as I’m concerned.
Speaking of homewreckers and homewreckers adjacent, I’m going to need mini-Carly Josslyn Jacks (Eden McCoy) to never, ever get up in Nina Reeves’s or Sonny Corinthos’s (Maurice Benard) faces again, okay? I get that she didn’t sleep with Dex Heller (Evan Hofer), but the girl — and yes, she’s more girl than a woman given how she acts the majority of the time — now has no room to judge.
* Given the extreme side effects of chemotherapy, how long does Willow Tait (Katelyn MacMullen) think she get away with hiding her leukemia? Also, on a scale from “Not At All” to “Well, I Was Totally Justified In Doing So Because Nina’s Trash” how bad will Carly feel when she learns her working to undermine Drew Cain’s (Cameron Mathison) efforts to find Willow’s birth parents could have/did contribute to the young woman’s death?
* I get that time is relative on soap operas, but how is it that Sonny managed to go from clean-shaven to stubbled in the few minutes it took him and Drew to mossy over to the Metro Court from the boxing gym?
* I’m Team Alexis Davis (Nancy Lee Grahn). Is anyone else Team Alexis Davis? Hopefully, this will teach Jordan Ashford (Tanisha Harper) to be more cooperative or, at the very least, to do her job and actually solve some crimes.
I mean, how is it that Valentin Cassadine (James Patrick Stuart) could clock the disparity in two shots supposedly being fired into Lucy Coe (Lynn Herring) but only one bullet casing being fired, but the PCPD couldn’t?
* Olivia Falconeri Quartermaine (Lisa LoCicero) is trash. How any woman could proudly declare that she’d lie to her husband to protect a friend who knowingly committed a felony is beyond me.
General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!