When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
Despite an accusation that I’m egotistical, I have absolutely no problem with admitting when I’m wrong. Mea culpa, Dan and Chris/Chris and Dan! It turns out that Spencer Cassadine (Nicholas Alexander Chavez) isn’t dumber than a box of rocks, and it also seems that Nikolas Cassadine (Marcus Coloma) has got a clue where Esme Prince (Avery Kristen Pohl) is concerned…even if Ava Jerome Cassadine (Maura West) won’t pick up what it seems like her hubby is putting down.
Now, let me tell you why all the above is actually a crying shame and perhaps even worse a story point than father and son both being dunces. Spencer and Nikolas are CASSADINES – Cassadines do not kowtow to anyone, especially someone who is a threat to their families or someone that they love dearly.
I’m not sure what General Hospital Dan and Chris/Chris and Dan grew up watching or think that they are writing now, but it’s clearly not the same one that I have been a fan of for quite some time.
Further GH Musings
* I get it Dan and Chris/Chris and Dan, I get it. You want Brando Corbin (Johnny Wactor) to be the new Jason Morgan (Steve Burton) so bad that you can’t stand it.
* Just went it seemed like General Hospital might go and do something exciting like have Heather Webber (Robin Mattson) be the one driving poor Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst) to distraction, they have to go and make a point of ruling the beloved villainess well and truly out.
* Kudos for the reference to the aborted Deception Spas storyline
* Remember how I’ve complained in the past about General Hospital’s propensity to shoehorn Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright) into every storyline? It’s nice to see that the writers haven’t found a way to add Carly to Harmony Miller (Inga Cadranel)…oh, wait, Carly is slowly but surely growing suspicious of Harmony and she might be the one to soon discover that Nina Reeves (Cynthia Watros) is Willow Tait’s (Katelyn MacMullen) natural mother? Sigh.
But at least Carly isn’t somehow the cause of friction in Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco) and Dante Falconeri’s (Dominic Zamprogna) relationship. Wait, she is? Sigh.
And speaking of Sam and Dante…I’m still, all these months later not feeling these two as a couple. Maybe it’s the fact that she’s had his father, maybe it’s the fact that they share a brother, maybe it’s the fact that there’s no discernable chemistry between the pair.
* Trina Robinson (Tabyana Ali), dear, please allow me to give you some advice. The time to tell your lawyer that not only can Spencer alibi you but that the police commissioner can as well is NOW!
General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.