Brady and Theresa’s son, Tate Black, is all grown up, and, yes, it did happen extremely quickly as is the “norm” in daytime. Jamie Martin Mann made his debut in the Days of our Lives role that’s sure to be a prominent one moving forward.
Get To Know Jamie Martin Mann
Mann comes from an extensive background in theater, specifically musical theater, and is a triple threat who acts, dances, and sings. Plus, he’s active on social media. You can find him @jamiemartinmann on Instagram.
Want to learn more about the actor? Here are seven things to know about Mann.
1. He hails from Westport, Connecticut, and splits his time between Los Angeles and his hometown.
2. As a kid, he and his family moved to Spain for five years. During his time living there, Mann became fluent in Spanish.
3. Mann began his career as a dancer. He loved dancing as a kid and began studying ballet after seeing a performance of The Nutcracker in the second grade. He went on to train with the (Alvin) Ailey Athletic Boys Dance Program and, by the end of fifth grade, auditioned for and was accepted into the School of American Ballet in New York City. He danced with the New York City Ballet in productions of The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, and Harlequinade.
4. Mann received rave reviews for his portrayal of Billy Elliot in Billy Elliot the Musical. He starred in the production regionally four times – at Maltz Jupiter Theatre in Florida, Company Theatre in Massachusetts, Palace Theatre in New Hampshire, and Fulton Theatre in Pennsylvania.
5. He knew he wanted to pursue an acting career, “after my first Billy Elliot performance when I kind of took that bow, and everyone was clapping,” said Mann during a video interview on The Arroyo Show. “That was really surreal and fun. Then I kind of knew that that was what I wanted to do,” he revealed during an interview with Brandon Arroyo.
6. His big acting break came when he was cast as Brody on Netflix’s Country Comfort. The series starred American Idol alumna Katharine McPhee and former soap star Eddie Cibrian (ex-Matt, The Young and the Restless; ex-Cole, Sunset Beach).
7. He’s got some serious skills aside from singing, dancing, and acting. Among them, he plays the guitar and ukulele, is trained in theatrical flying and stage combat, and knows how to handle a hula hoop.