After a short run as ISA agent Kyle Graham in Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem, during which his character was revealed to be Dimitri von Leuschner and sent to prison, Peter Porte thought his connection to the Peacock soap was over. Then he got a call about appearing on the mother show and was offered a contract.
Get To Know Peter Porte
As Dimitri, Porte’s been stirring things up Days of our Lives ever since. The talented actor, who hails from Greenwood Lake, NY, comes to the soap with an impressive resume. He’s appeared in the series Baby Daddy and Devious Maids, as well as starred in an array of Hallmark Channel movies, including Rome in Love, A Christmas to Cherish, and Dancing in December.
Want to learn more about the actor? Here are seven things to know about Peter Porte.
1. Porte made his acting debut in the third grade, when he appeared in a Christopher Columbus pageant.
2. He earned a BFA in Drama at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts and furthered his education at the prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London.
3. While he’s always considered himself an actor, Porte started out as a model. He’s appeared in fashion shows in Milan and Paris.
4. When Porte was a junior at NYU, he skipped school to audition for I Wanna Be a Soap Star. After his monologue, one of the judges told him he’d never work in soaps with long hair, which Porte was sporting at the time, and instructed him to cut it.
5. Porte made his daytime debut as Ricky Williams on The Young and the Restless, the troubled son of Paul (Doug Davidson) and the late Isabella (Eva Longoria). The character met his demise at the hands of his own father, who shot Ricky when he threatened to stab Eden (Jessica Heap), causing him to fall out a window to his death.
6. He has a love for theater and toured with the Broadway National Touring Company of Mamma Mia! He also performed with the critically acclaimed For the Record company for five seasons.
7. You can follow the actor on Instagram at @peteporte. He currently has 76.6K followers.