Isabel Durant, who’s taken over the role of Claire Brady from Olivia Rose Keegan on Days of Our Lives, is a young woman of many talents and quite a few accomplishments.
While a newcomer to the daytime world, the blonde-haired, blue-eyed actress has appeared on the teen drama series Dance Academy, playing troublemaker Grace Whitney, and guest-starred on three episodes of American-Australian dramedy Camp, which aired on NBC.
Isabel Durant Takes On Claire
Want some more insight into Durant? Here are 7 things to know about her:
1. This actress hails from the Land Down Under. Durant was born in Sydney, Australia. And, yes, she has a lovely Aussie accent off camera.
2. Durant doesn’t sing like the previous Claire, Olivia Rose Keegan, but she does dance. In fact, she was a contestant and Top 20 finalist on the third season of So You Think You Can Dance Australia.
3. Some people call her Isabel. Some people call her Issi. Perhaps that’s why the actress is sometimes credited as Issi Durant.
4. Durant is happily engaged in real life. Her fiance, Danny Robson, is a music manager, who also hails from Australia
5. She claims to have a wild hidden talent– effortlessly finding Wally in the British series of children’s puzzle books, Where’s Wally? They’re the equivalent of Where’s Waldo? in America.
6. Durant actually swam while donning a mermaid’s tale, an experience she describes as “so magical.” It was part of her role as a mermaid named Ondina in the Australian series, Mako Mermaids, and required two to three hours of daily swim training before she began filming.
7. Last, but not least, she’s a bit of a daredevil, who’s tandem skydived. Durant agreed to the feat when a friend wanted to give it a try and asked her to do it with her. Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.