When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
Alright, my fellow Days of our Lives devotees, let’s all join hands and sing a chorus or two of Glory, Glory Hallelujah; the Devil has been defeated and will no longer be on our screens!
How do I know this to be true, you ask? Because Bo Brady said so – and Bo Brady would never lie to me, to you, or to anyone. And speaking of Bo, how awesome was it to see Peter Reckell again? And by the way, I wasn’t crying, you were crying (sniff, sniff).
That said, I do have some bones to pick with Days of our Lives – and you knew that I would.
I can’t help but feel a little let down now that I know Bo is canonically dead and won’t be seen in the flesh on Beyond Salem season 2. That was what I call a MAJOR spoiler.
Secondly, how do you get Peter Reckell back and not have him interact with Mary Beth Evans’s Kayla Brady Johnson? Ditto Brandon Beemer’s Shawn Brady? I can maybe, maybe excuse the non-reunion between brother and sister, but I cannot do the same where Bo and Shawn are concerned. That boy needs his daddy like never before. A missed opportunity if there ever was one.
Further DAYS Musings
* Best Days of our Lives Dialogue:
Jan: Lucifer, it’s been such a long time!
Marlena: I’m not possessed anymore Jan.
Jan: Oh, that’s a bummer. He was like the best friend I ever had…except for Claire, of course.
* Here’s an idea Allie Horton (Lindsay Arnold) – stay single for a while!
* That was some damn fine acting from “grieving parents” Tamara Braun (Ava) and Stephen Nichols (Steve).
* Where do we go from here where Paulina Price (Jackée Harry,) and her storyline are concerned? Lani Price Grant (Sal Stowers) and Eli Grant (Lamon Archey) know that she’s innocent. Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) – arguable Days of our Lives’ dimmest character – knows that something is majorly amiss, as does Steve Johnson (Stephen Nichols). And don’t forget that Abe Carver (James Reynolds) remembers hearing Paulina ask Lani what had she (Lani) done.
Are we looking at the beginnings of a big ole conspiracy? Because that worked out so well back when Hope Brady (Kristian Alfonso) popped a cap into Stefano DiMera.
* Why name check Peter Blake, and ostensibly use him as a player during the shareholders’ meeting, when you have no intentions of even hiring someone to utter the word nay? Bait and switch? Or is Days of our Lives that strapped for cash?
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.