When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
The Ava Vitali (Tamara Braun)/Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering)/Nicole Walker Brady (Arianne Zucker) triangle continues to bore, but an unintended – and very pleasant – consequence was that brief (and hilarious) scene of Nicole and Brady Black (Eric Martsolf) sharing a couple of scoops of ice cream.
Last week, we played armchair matchmaker, and set up a plethora of Salem singles – and reshuffled a not-so-potent pairing, or two – but never once did we think about putting Nicole and Brady back together. Might that be the intention of the Days of our Lives Powers That Be?
Further DAYS Musings
* When Ben Weston (Robert Scott Wilson) is the sole voice of reason, you know that there’s a problem. Where exactly is Ciara Brady Weston’s (Victoria Konefal) sudden desire to become a mother coming from? She’s just reunited with the love of her life after spending nearly a year as an amnesiac – and that followed her nearly year-long stint as a hostage.
Might this be an attempt to forgo dealing with her past trauma, to forgo looking inward and healing herself, by finding something – and someone – else to focus on?
* We get that he was busy playing a supporting role in Doug Williams (Bill Hayes) and Julie Williams’s (Susan Seaforth Hayes) drama, but why wasn’t Jack Deveraux (Matthew Ashford) at Justin Kiriakis’s (Wally Kurth) wedding to Bonnie (Judi Evans)?
* So, are we to infer that DAYS will soon be suffering from a distinct lack of Shawn Douglas Brady (Brandon Beemer) and Belle Brady (Martha Madison)? Fingers crossed that the couple will take advantage of those RETURN tickets.
* Though any sane individual would be loathed to send it – unlike Philip Kiriakis (Jay Kenneth Johnson) – who among us hasn’t, at the very least, longed to compose an email to a certain someone that reads in part, “you’re a pathetic piece of slime son a bitch.” Ah, to live vicariously through a soap character.
* Viewers of Beyond Salem – did any of you experience a bit of whiplash, or perhaps a disconnect, from seeing so many MVPs whooping it up on both the mothership and the spinoff at the exact same time?
On NBC, Paulina Price (Jackée Harry), Abe Carver (James Reynolds), Eli Grant (Lamon Archey), and Lani Grant (Sal Stowers) were enjoying a family meal, while on Peacock the latter two were in Miami chasing jewel thieves down alleyways; likewise, on DAYS proper, Chad DiMera (Billy Flynn) was still a sullen mess spending his, well, days, snipping at EJ DiMera before heading off to Boston to see Abigail, while Beyond Chad was living it up at a drag show. Good times.
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.