When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
I’ve gotten a lot of flak in months past for being an unabashed lover of the possession storyline…but even I have reached my limit. It was a twist and half when Doug Williams (Bill Hayes) was revealed to be Satan’s host, it was hoot seeing Deidre Hall’s Marlena Evans Black really let loose as MarDevil, and I’ve enjoyed – to an extent – seeing Carson Boatman take on a bedeviled Johnny DiMera.
But Days of our Lives spoilers tell us that now we’re going to be seeing Allie Horton (Lindsay Arnold) take on the mantle of latest possessee, and I am just done. This has gone on way too long and has made just about every character on this show look like a complete and total idiot. How many times does someone have to “act out character” before somebody says, “You know what, maybe Lucifer wasn’t cast out of Salem after all.”
Let’s wrap this up, and move it along, shall we DAYS scribes?
Further DAYS Musings
* Am I supposed to be rooting for Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) and Nicole Walker (Arianne Zucker)? Because I’m not. All I see on my screen are two aged hypocrites acting like teenagers.
* Despite Sonny Kiriakis’s (Zach Tinker) attempt to look on the bright side, Gabi Hernandez DiMera (Camila Banus) is right to sulk over having nothing in her life save for the company she stole out from under Jake DiMera (Brandon Barash).
Her daughter would rather live with Sonny and Will Horton (Chandler Massey) than with her. Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) made it clear time and time again that he valued Ava Vitali’s (Tamara Braun) opinion/outlook over hers. And she doesn’t have a single true friend in the whole of Salem.
* Has Days of our Lives already dropped the budding Nancy Wesley (Patrika Darbo)/Bonnie Lockhart (Judi Evans) friendship?
* I’m just not feeling whatever this show is trying to do with Jake and Ava. Whether they’re taking a romantic or fraternal route, she’s still the woman who tried to frame him for a murder he didn’t commit.
* Quote of the Week:
EJ to Chad: “Dr. Rolf? Did another member of the family die that needs to be brought back to life?”
* Riddle me this Days of our Lives fans – If Kayla Brady Johnson (Mary Beth Evans) got the boot for not firing Marlena, what’s to keep Seth Burns from giving Craig Wesley (Kevin Spirtas) the ole heave-ho for not following through as well?
* Paulina Price (Jackée Harry) may be a hugger, but what kind of message is this show sending having an abuse victim not only make nice with but hug her abuser? It’s gross, and all kinds of wrong.
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.