When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the DAYS week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
Apparently, if you’re employed at University Hospital, you’re forced into one of two camps: Saint or Sinner. [And they must specialize in about 14 different areas of medicine.] Of the current crop of M.D.’s Dr. Kayla Brady (Mary Beth Evans) represents the side of good, and Dr. Clay Snyder (Michael Lowry), the forces of evil. (Seriously, what is with this institution and the contempt that it breeds?)
Now, make no mistake, Dr. Snyder is evil personified. He’s a pill pusher, a blackmailer, and he’s really, really mean to Tripp (Lucas Adams). The nerve of the man! But, what goes around, comes around.
Though Gwen (Emily O’Brien) seems incapable of escaping the bad doctor’s hold, Kate Roberts (Lauren Koslow) will have no such problems. In point of fact, she’ll so terrify Snyder that he’ll be backing up her claim of total blindness and retrograde amnesia. But for how long…let the games begin!
Further DAYS Musings
* Correct us if we’re wrong, but wasn’t John’s (Drake Hogestyn) assumption that Belle (Martha Madison) was Charlie Dale’s (Mike Manning) shooter predicated on the fact that he recognized her scarlet cloak?
Well, if Jan (Heather Lindell) is to be believed – HA! – then nothing John said actually adds up. Supposedly, and again this is entirely from Jan’s point of view, Shawn (Brandon Beemer) presented Belle with the coat the night of the shooting, and Jan immediately purloined it. So…at what point did John see “Tink” in the coat?
Did she have one exactly like it and Shawn was merely giving her a double? Did John astral project and get a good glimpse of the garment? Did Belle describe the gift so vividly to dear old dad that he made a mental note of it, and then couldn’t forget?
* Welp, Ava Vitali’s (Tamara Braun) mission to turn over a new leaf sure failed miserably, huh? All Kristen (Stacy Haiduk) had to do was say pretty please, and off Ava let her trot. And then, she lied to Rafe’s (Galen Gering) face, right before making love to him. Way to start off a relationship!
* Exactly when did Kristen become so proficient in the art of the Vulcan neck pinch? Also, can someone please explain why a prisoner like Sami (Alison Sweeney) was handcuffed to the table, and one like Kristen was not?
* Given the fact that Tom and Alice had five children (Tommy, Addie, Mickey, Bill, and Marie), were you a little surprised to hear that the house only had three bedrooms? Also, wasn’t the property expanded back in the 1990s when it became the headquarters of the Horton Center?
* Why was Sami so surprised to learn that Nicole (Arianne Zucker) takes her wedding ring off when she sleeps? Don’t most women remove theirs for the same purpose – in addition to other activities such as exercise, housework, and cooking?
* Lumi continues to be the gift that keeps on giving…we’re almost dreading the coming of EJ, since that will, inevitably, lead to a parting of the pair. Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.