When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
Sami (Alison Sweeney), Sami, Sami. What am I to do with you? I’ll never be able to understand your pathological obsession with making a life with EJ DiMera (Dan Feuerriegel). As far as husbands, and, to be quite frank, men, go on Days of our Lives, he’s probably the most rotten.
He came to town to menace your family, he raped you, he hypocritically slut-shames you, you shot him – in the head! – and yet, despite all this, you still want him. Scratch that, you and Nicole Walker Brady (Arianne Zucker) want him. What is so appealing about this terrible unappealing man?
Now, Sami, I grant you that your other romantic option, Lucas Horton (Bryan Dattilo), though a favorite of mine, isn’t much better – either on paper or in practice. He let you be tried and nearly executed for a crime he committed, and he participated in drugging you and letting you run off the side of a cliff.
Wouldn’t it be nice if Days of our Lives brought back someone from your past – Brandon Walker, perhaps – or, better yet, created a whole new character for you to love, rather than drive this never-ending, and wholly unhealthy, triangle into the ground? This critic thinks so.
Further DAYS Musings
* Did anyone else think that Ciara Brady Weston (Victoria Konefal) caved just a tad too easily when Ben Weston (Robert Scott Wilson) came a-knocking? She at least made Belle Brady (Martha Madison) impart something that only she would know. All Ben had to say (and I am paraphrasing here…but just), nope, not the Devil, baby I love you, and down Ciara’s guard went.
* Nastiest Trick: This one is a draw between MarDevil (Deidre Hall) macking on Kayla “Sweetness” Johnson (Mary Beth Evans) in the guise of Steve (Stephen Nichols), and MarDevil awakening Jan Spears (Heather Lindell).
* Only in Salem, Anywhere USA, can a person be declared legally dead a day or so after they’ve gone missing, and only in Salem, Anywhere USA, does the signing of such a document mean that a person of interest can be arrested for murder despite no new evidence surfacing. Belle is going to have a field day if Brady Black (Eric Martsolf) actually goes to trial.
* Thank you DAYS for not drawing out the whole, “when will Xander Cook [Paul Telfer] run into Rex Brady [Kyle Lowder]” shtick. Gwen Rizczech (Emily O’Brien) wasn’t appreciative, but I am.
* What excuse do you think Days of our Lives will trot out in an effort to redeem Philip Kiriakis (Jay Kenneth Johnson)? Brain tumor? The Devil made him do it? Dreaded Lyme Disease (he did spend an awful lot of time in the woods planting, tending to, and then uprooting that sapling)?
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.