When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
Everything old is new again – but with a twist. And it’s the twist that we appreciate the most.
Rather than a complete redux like Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston) presenting Maggie Horton (Suzanne Rogers) with red shoes, or Justin Kiriakis (Wally Kurth) presenting a crying Judi Evans (formerly sweet and innocent Adrienne Johnson, now overly sensitive firecracker Bonnie Lockhart) a hankie, Ben Weston’s (Robert Scott Wilson) kidnapping of true love Ciara Brady Weston (Victoria Konefal) merely smacked of Bo Brady’s similar abduction of Fancy Face – though the replacing of the motorcycle with a limousine did invoke memories of The Golden Girls Stanley Zbornak.
EJ DiMera’s (Dan Feuerriegel) learning about his wife’s affair and then continuing to act as if nothing inappropriate has been learned comes dangerously close to mirroring how Sami Brady DiMera (Alison Sweeney) lulled him into a false sense of security when she uncovered his affair with Abigail Deveraux, but we’ll have to wait – exactly two weeks – to see how this particular tale will play out. Here’s hoping there are a few twists and turns that will leave us feeling we’ve watched an original storyline play out.
Further DAYS Musings
* Boy, that church/chapel hosting Theo Carver (Cameron Johnson) and Ciara’s wedding sure was sparsely attended, huh? Where the heck were Brandon, Cameron, and Celeste? And why was EJ planning on giving the ceremony a miss? Isn’t he all about family?
* The budding friendship between Chanel Dupree (Raven Bowens) and Eli Grant (Lamon Archey) has been a thing of beauty.
* And speaking of MIA Salemites, where art thou Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) and Ava Vitali (Tamara Braun)? Isn’t it strange that Nicole Walker Brady (Arianne Zucker) didn’t turn to either one of them for comfort in the aftermath of her marriage breaking up?
* Kudos aplenty to Zucker and Greg Vaughan (Eric Brady) for their transcendent work on Monday and Tuesday’s Days of our Lives program.
* Is Paulina Price’s (Jackée Harry) contrition sincere? We think so. But only time will tell if the people closest to her will ever be able to forgive her her selfish trespass.
* What will Xander Kiriakis (Paul Telfer) do with his windfall first? Perhaps move out of the Horton House and into far more suitable digs?
* On the subject of houses, have Shawn-Douglas Brady (Brandon Beemer) and Belle Brady (Martha Madison) always been living in Hope Brady’s (Kristen Alfonso) house? We could have sworn that their dwelling and hers were two separate, but similarly designed abodes.
And was anybody else left flabbergasted by Shawn’s decision to actually order Claire Brady (Isabel Durant) out of said house rather than his petulant little sister on Days of our Lives?