When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the DAYS week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
What was more convenient this week? That the cabin that Claire (Isabel Durant) once attempted to flambé Ciara (Victoria Konefal) inside was still structurally sound enough to serve as a hideaway for Jan (Heather Lindell) and her hostages? That Philip (Jay Kenneth Johnson) threw Jan into a road sign with just enough force to render her comatose – AGAIN?
That Kate (Lauren Koslow) had just the right amount of pull with the hospital board to get Dr. Snyder (Michael Lowry) – who’d been just the right amount of a jerk to not get fired but to have a mountain of complaints made against him – canned?
Oh! Or is it perhaps the fact that both Tripp (Lucas Adams) and Xander (Paul Telfer) are now this close to getting Gwen (Emily O’Brien) and Dr. Snyder’s number?
Further DAYS Musings
* Julie to Jack: “Are you determined to turn my family home into a refuge for wayward strays?” Ummm…wasn’t that the exact intent of the Horton Center? Also, Julie, that beloved sofa of yours has seen way more horrors than Xander (Paul Telfer) reclining on it clad in only his briefs. Chase and Ciara anyone?
* Clyde to Ben: “I ain’t no shrink, but I do know that waiting around listening for your dead sister to tell you what to do is NOT a healthy thing.” Well, you may indeed not be a shrink Clyde (James Read), but you told Ben (Robert Scott Wilson) exactly what he needed to hear.
* When Allie (Lindsay Arnold) mentioned a “scandal” related to Alice’s doughnuts, did you have to expect her to retell the story about the sweet treats being used to facilitate Roman Brady’s (then Wayne Northrop) escape from police custody?
* If Lani (Sal Stowers) and Eli (Lamon Archey) were so concerned about ensuring that another “incident” wouldn’t offer between the latter and Chanel (Precious Way), why in the world would they make love on the living room sofa, then lie around and bask in the afterglow? What if Chanel had walked her happy self right on in and caught them?
* Just what exactly does Paulina (Jackée Harry) have up her designer sleeve? Might she be planning to bulldoze the entire square?
* Did it totally slip anyone else’s mind that Tripp and Gwen are cousins? Kudos DAYS for scripting that awkward to the max introduction.
* So, Rava – that’s Ava (Tamara Braun) and Rafe (Galen Gering) don’t ya know? – is an official a “thang” now….yay? Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.