Days of our Lives has pulled a casting switch. Raven Bowens is stepping into the role of Chanel Dupree, replacing Precious Way, who originated the role of Paulina Price’s daughter.
Raven Bowens Joins Days of our Lives
An actress and producer, Bowens’ resume includes guest spots on All Rise, Future Man, and Insecure. Want more information on the young actress, who’ll be making her daytime debut? Here are seven things to know about Raven Bowens.
1. Bowens revealed her interest in acting to her grandparents, who own the modeling agency McKenna Models & Talent, after graduating from high school. “They were very supportive,” she says, noting that her grandfather took her first headshots and her grandmother took her to an event where she got to audition and meet agents from Los Angeles.
2. She used to watch soaps with her mom when she was just a little kid. “They inspired me to be dramatic, glamorous & to slap the sh*t outta people who deserved it,” she revealed on Instagram.
3. A self-described “tea enthusiast,” Bowens and her sister, Tiana, are getting set to launch Peace Potions (peacepotions.com). According to the website, the brand will feature “loose leaf teas blended by hand with carefully selected herbs meant to enhance each of the seven chakras. We hope through our tea you’re able to open your chakras, heal your mind, and honor your magic within.”
4. Bowens is active on social media. You can follow her on Twitter at @RaveyBaby and on Instagram — @imravenbowens.
5. As for her dream role, Bowens would love to star in a biopic about a singing sensation. Her top choices: Janet Jackson or Diana Ross.
6. She’s got a few actors she’d love to work with one day. On the top of the list are Denzel Washington, as well as Daniel Day-Lewis and Leonardo DiCaprio.
7. She likes to give back. Bowens started a cheerleading program for Inner City youth in South Central Los Angeles.