Steffy Forrester is about to get a new love interest on The Bold and the Beautiful, and actor Tanner Novlan has won the assignment. Novlan has been cast as Finn, AKA Dr. John Finnegan, and will begin working opposite Jacqueline MacInnes Wood though an exact start date is unknown. The show will start airing new episodes next week.
Tanner Novlan: A Love For Steffy?
A native Canadian and former model, Novlan has an interesting background, which includes the role of Gregory Manes on Roswell, New Mexico. He also has a special connection to BB. Here are seven things to know about him.
1. You’ve seen the guy, right? But you just can’t place him. Think back to the Liberty Mutual commercial featuring a bad actor character, who keeps botching his lines. Yep, that’s Novlan making the deadpan delivery in the funny ad.
2. Novlan has been married to actress Kayla Ewell, perhaps best known for her role as Vicki Donovan on The Vampire Diaries, since September 12, 2015. Ewell also appeared on BB as Caitlin Ramirez from 2004 to 2005.
JOIN SOAPHUB INSIDER: An Exclusive Offer For Our Devoted Fans!
3. The twosome met when they were cast in a music video for Australian band Sick Puppies’ single, Maybe. In it, Tanner Novlan and Ewell play two people who moved to a beach town in Southern California to improve their lives and end up meeting there.
4. Novlan and Ewell have a baby daughter named Poppy Marie. The adorable tyke, who was born on July 16, 2019, just turned one.
5. Believe it or not, Novlan describes himself as a “very late bloomer.” In fact, his high school principal had to help him get a date to the prom.
6. He’s been to his share of concerts over the years. His very first was Cher, who he went to see with his family as a kid. But his “first real buddy concert” was Canadian rock band Nickelback.
7. Tanner Novlan appeared on one of the final episodes of hit ABC sitcom Modern Family, playing a hunk named Liam. He describes the experience as “awesome,” and recounts meeting Ed O’Neill, who immediately said, “Oh, you’re the hot assistant with no shirt on.” The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes.