When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: A Critic’s Week In Review
To paraphrase Eric Forrester (John McCook), his personal life has been the subject of conversation, and public scrutiny far too often. Seriously, what is up with half the characters on The Bold and the Beautiful preoccupying themselves with the other half’s sex lives?
There’s Ridge Forrester (Thorsten Kaye) attempting to browbeat his play father into confiding things he has no desire to confide; there’s Brooke Logan Forrester (Katherine Kelly Lang) and Katie Logan (Heather Tom) encouraging Donna Logan (Jennifer Gareis) to pursue Eric; there’s Brooke calling her ex-husband sexy, and encouraging him to find a better partner – in front of her current husband, and then there’s Eric doing his damnedest to push Carter Walton (Lawrence Saint-Victor) and Quinn Fuller Forrester (Rena Sofer) into sleeping with each other…again.
Thank goodness Carter had the wherewithal to point out, “Eric…you can’t just decide that Quinn and I should sleep together. You’re my boss, and I take orders from you at the office, but in life, I’m my own man. I’m not going to fall into bed with Quinn because you deemed it’s okay.”
Shame that he and Quinn proceeded to fall into bed with each other because Eric deemed it okay.
Further B&B Critic’s Musings
* Why, of why did we go an entire week without once checking in on Sheila Carter (Kimberlin Brown) on The Bold and the Beautiful? And no, Steffy Forrester (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) and John “Finn” Finnegan (Tanner Novlan) discussing her with Liam Spencer (Scott Clifton) and Hope Logan Spencer (Annika Noelle) does not count.
* Wouldn’t it behoove Paris Buckingham (Diamond White) to move into the air-conditioning less guest house now that Finn has decamped – if for no other reason than to avoid walking in on Steffy and Finn smooching?
* B&B Spoilers promised that we would be seeing, “Brooke and Donna question Katie about her ever-changing relationship with Bill,” and yet we never saw such a scene. What gives?
* Why Paris, what a good question! And yes, a medical professional like Finn should have been able to ascertain whether or not Sheila was faking her condition.
* Why invent Johnny Levatino, when Donna’s actual high school crush was skeevy Mark Mallory?
* Phrase We Never Want to Hear Again: “I can’t fulfill you.” (Especially in the context Eric means)
* Question We Most Want Answered on The Bold and the Beautiful: Have Steffy and Finn filed their marriage license?
* Eric to Quinn: “Remember the day we got married? …It was just you and me; you, me, and the minister.” Umm…Eric, what’s Ivy Forrester (Ashleigh Brewer)? Chopped liver?
* Who would win in a battle of the dad jokes – Finn, or Liam?
The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.