When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: The Critic’s POV
While Hope (Annika Noelle) and Thomas’s (Matthew Atkinson) situation was given minute lip service, it was clear that The Bold and the Beautiful was now preoccupied with other developments, namely, the erroneous eroding of everything we know to be true about Finn Finnegan (Tanner Novlan).
Suddenly, Sheila’s (Kimberlin Brown) most ardent detractor (and that’s really saying something given the enemies the she-devil has racked up over the decades and across the country) is giving her claims of contrition serious consideration because…she gives really good hugs?
And despite being painted as the stepfather of the century in previous outings, he’s now so derelict in his childcare duties that he turns his back on a small child in order to take a phone call (as if he couldn’t, you know, stare directly at Kelly while conversing)?
And why the sudden about-face? Because it behooves the writer’s current tack. That’s it. No other reason. There’s no following a character’s throughline or allowing the storyline to naturally progress. The writers have spoken, and this is the consequence.
Further B&B Musings
* How is it that Deacon (Sean Kanan) had no idea that Sheila was a free woman? Was the release of a career criminal not big news in L.A.?
* I get that Carter (Lawrence Saint-Victor) is the Forrester family’s one-stop shop when it comes to legal matters, but wouldn’t they, you know, maybe want to at least meet with a criminal defense attorney?
* Kudos to Ridge for cutting right to the heart of the matter. “Does this have something to do with you sleeping with my son? At all?” indeed.
* Poor Darin Brooks [Wyatt Spencer], seemingly cursed to forever more be the Cassandra of The Bold and the Beautiful.
* So the FBI, the freakin’ FBI didn’t know how to properly go about obtaining Sheila’s confession? Riiiiiiight. Yet another example of a B&B plot that came out of absolutely nowhere and that went absolutely nowhere.
The Bold and the Beautiful airs weekdays on CBS. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest posts on B&B spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!