When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of B&B’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: A Critic’s Week In Review
It’s hard to feel bad for characters embroiled in a storyline that paints them as terrible, judgmental hypocrites. Quinn Fuller Forrester (Rena Sofer) bears her soul to hubby Eric Forrester (John McCook) in a scene that actually makes us pity, understand, and even sympathize with her…and then she turns right around and beds the man that she chose over her marriage.
We feel Eric’s pain when he castigates his unfaithful wife, and yet we’re struck by the fact that he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. He’s an adulterer, just like her, having cheated on Stephanie with Brooke Logan Forrester (Katherine Kelly Lang) and Lauren Fenmore (Tracey Bregman). And Quinn was justified in her complaint that Eric had forgiven everyone else – especially Brooke – multiple trespasses, but he couldn’t find it in his heart to forgive her for her role in nearly busting up Brooke and Ridge Forrester (Thorsten Kaye).
And the less said about Carter Walton (Lawrence Saint-Victor) the better. He was once the most honest and above-board of the whole lot, and now he’s taken to having seedy romps with his boss’s wife – during working hours no less. And what’s worse, is that he continues to do the one thing that stung Quinn the most during her marriage to Eric – allows the other judgmental hypocrites in his orbit to badmouth her without reprisal or rebuke. The whole Bold and the Beautiful lot of them are shameful.
Further B&B Critic’s Musings
* Why was Finn (Tanner Novlan) so hesitant to reveal that he was adopted? Has Steffy Forrester (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) never explained that she attempted to adopt a child? How about the fact that Zende Forrester Dominguez (Delon de Metz) is adopted? Ditto Marcus Forrester. And clearly, Finn’s unaware that Ridge is actually a Marone and not Eric’s biological son.
* Did Paris (Diamond White) really say that Finn’s job might be a BIT more stressful than Steffy’s? With all due respect to the woman co-running a successful fashion empire, we’re pretty sure DOCTOR Finnegan’s job is a heck of a lot more stressful.
* Did Zende really express concern about him and Paris dating because they were co-workers? Clearly, he’s never heard about the HR nightmare that was Brooke and Ridge’s elevator/chemical lab/sauna romps, or Eric marrying the company nurse, or any of the many, many other romantic relationships between the people employed at Forrester Creations.
* Liam Spencer’s (Scott Clifton) presence continues to loom large – even when he’s off-screen. From Finn’s worry that Steffy was wedding-shy because of her ex, to the frequent shoutouts he was given when Ridge and Brooke were discussing what a good man Finn was…if someone could mention Liam, they did so.
* How disappointing to see that the plotters have already stuck Brooke’s lusting for the top spot at Forrester on the backburner.
* Regarding Katie Logan (Heather Tom) waxing poetic about Finn…has she even met him?
The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Los Angeles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on B&B spoilers.