When it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of BB’s week that was.
The Bold and the Beautiful: A Critic’s Week In Review
The man who plowed into Mr. Walker (Joe LoCicero), and the man who covered up the crime have been imprisoned…but has #JusticeForVinny truly been served? Surely there has to be more to this story.
Surely there answers to such pertinent questions as, “Why exactly was Vinny standing in the middle of road,” and, “Why was he on the same stretch of highway that led to Brooke and Ridge’s abode?” Maybe the latter is a coincidence – but is it? Might that very location have been where Vinny was headed? Did he believe that Thomas (Matthew Atkinson) still resided there, and could he have been on his way to tell his bestie something of vital importance?
Was he trying to flag down a passing motorist because his life was in danger? Was he deliberately chased into oncoming traffic? And, not for nothing, but why was he dressed – from head to toe – in nearly all black? Inquiring minds want to know.
Further BB Musings
* Boy, Hope (Annika Noelle) sure was pissed off this week, huh? In fact, she was so filled with ire, that she actually called Lieutenant Baker (Dan Martin) with the expressed intent of ratting out Bill (Don Diamont) to authorities. Wethinks that Liam (Scott Clifton) would not have thanked her for her efforts – considering the fact that he’d been doing everything in his power to keep his father’s name out of the equation.
* To answer Bill’s question, yes, Baker does have children. In fact, he has a son, named Charlie, who followed his father’s lead and became a policeman.
Viewers may remember him as the detective who investigated Stephanie’s (Susan Flannery) shooting, and the possibility that Marcus Forrester ran over and killed a pedestrian while texting and driving.
Hope certainly knows him – he was the officer who arrested her would-be date rapist Graham Darros
* We can’t help but feel that the soap missed an obvious opportunity to have Steffy (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) pregnant with twins…though congratulations are in order for the son that she’s expecting.
* Dear Forrester Family, and especially Ridge (Thorsten Kaye) – Stop steering every single conversation you have with Thomas into one that features Hope as the main subject. How many times does he have to say he’s happy for her and Liam? Maybe if he didn’t have to talk about her son damn much, he’d actually be able to get over her.
* Brooke…Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. Do you really, seriously think that a) your daughter wants you to throw a party announcing to the world that she’s schtupped her husband and forgiven him for cheating on her (and not for the first time) and b) that she would want to share the spotlight with said woman whom her husband cheated on her with?
Brooke’s mama might have been a caterer par excellence, but soirée planning is not her forte. The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listings for airtimes.