Birth Name: Eric Martsolf
Birth Place: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Profession: Actor, Singer
Eric Martsolf was born in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. While studying political science at Dickinson College, Martsolf enjoyed doing musical theater on the side. He had a gig performing at Hershey Park near his college and a part time job as a radio broadcaster.
By the time he graduated, Eric knew he wanted to be a performer and began pursuing it full time. Pursuing is incorrect. More like working full time.
Martsolf modeled for over 50 designers, companies and businesses. He performed on a cruise ship for a year. He performed at Universal Studios as Spider-man, the Green-Goblin, the Scorpion King and Elwood Blues. He sang in rock bands, spent two years at Dollywood, even sang a duet with Dolly herself.
Eric spent 4 years touring nationally as Pharaoh in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, winning rave reviews for his comedic timing. In 1999, he auditioned for the role of Ethan on a new soap called Passions. He didn’t get the role but played the role of a cop in an episode.
In 2002, Eric had a second chance to win the role of Ethan when Travis Schuldt left the show and he scored, playing Winthrop through the show’s demise in 2008. Martsolf quickly headed over to Days of Our Lives to tackle the role of Brady Black.
Since 2008, Eric has accomplished what he does best– multitasking! While banging out his role as Brady, he added other credits to his lengthy resume, such as Brawn & Glamour, NCIS, ACME Hollywood Dream Role, Smallville, Venice the Series, Miss Behave, Acting Dead, Rizzoli & Isles, The Other Half, Extant and The Bay.
In addition to acting, Eric actively makes fan appearances across the country and raises money for multiple charities. He has donated time to Habitat for Humanity. Martsolf still makes time for his love of theater.
Eric resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Lisa Kouchak, and their twin boys, Mason and Chase.
- July 27, 1971— Birthdate
- Originally studied to be a lawyer to follow in his father’s footsteps.
- Was a performer at Hershey Park, PA, for four years.
- Performed as a singer on a Hawaiian Cruise ship for a year.
- Met his wife while performing musical theater.
- Performed with Dolly Parton at her Tennessee theme park, Dollywood, from 1995 through ’97.
- Played Pharaoh in the Osmond National Touring Company’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- In 2010, began appearing in the web series Miss Behave alongside other Days of Our Lives stars.
- His wife, Lisa, gave birth to twins, Mason and Chase on April 7, 2006.
- Has supported Habitat for Humanity.
- Rick Martsolf— Father
- Nancy Martsolf — Mother
- Justin Martsolf — Brother
- Lisa Kouchak Martsolf — Spouse
- Mason Alan Martsolf — Son
- Chase Evan Martsolf — Son
Eric Martsolf could easily be called a jack of all trades. While in college, he majored in mass media politics and constitutional law.
That took a backseat when Martsolf headed to New York to conquer his dreams of working in music, acting, theater, modeling, and performance endeavors.
Then he jetted to LA and landed the role of Ethan Winthrop on Passions, before moving over the cast of Days of Our Lives as Brady Black.
Eric Martsolf Photos
Actor (4 Credits)
Days of Our Lives (TV Show)
13203 — 2017
13202 — 2017
13201 — 2017
Smallville (TV Show)
Booster — 2011Booster Gold 2011
Venice: The Series (TV Show)
Passions (TV Show)
Passions — 2008
Passions — 2008
Performer (1 Credits)
Home & Family (TV Show)
Home & Family — 20142014
Appearing (1 Credits)
Daytime Emmy Awards (TV Show)
Guest (1 Credits)
Steve Harvey (TV Show)
It's Steve's Celebrity Dating Game; Am I a Bad Parent; the Perfect Pet for Your Family! — 20132013