Max Page, who played Reed Hellstrom on The Young and the Restless prior to Tristan Lake Leabu taking over the role as a teenager, is set to undergo heart surgery, his twelfth one, next month.
The actor/activist is also known for playing a pint-sized Darth Vader in a Super Bowl Volkswagen car commercial that went viral.
Page’s mom, Jennifer, took to social to media to give followers an update on her son, who was born with a heart condition known as Tetralogy of Fallot.
“Thank you for following Max’s journey,” Jennifer wrote. “He’s now 13 years old and high school is on the horizon! Some of you have prayed for Max since his birth and others are new friends in his life. Either way, we appreciate your support.”
Jennifer adds that her son’s upcoming surgery will replace his pulmonary valve and be performed by Dr. Vaughn Starnes and the outstanding CHLA Heart Institute team.
After a few days stay in the hospital, Max will return home for an 8-10 week recovery.
“Max lives a full and vibrant life, as he navigates his heart disease,” Jennifer writes. “He is currently filming a horror film and will end the month with his baseball team competing in a weekend tournament.”
Jennifer says there are ways to support Max through this time. They include:
- Donations to the CHLA Heart Ambassadors supporting innovation and access.
- Max needs BLOOD! Please donate at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. To schedule appt. please call 323-660-2450
- Follow and share his story – definitely feel the strength in numbers.
- Pray for peace, comfort, and a speedy recovery.
- Keep little brother, Els, in your prayers too. Not easy having your best friend and big brother endure so much.
“Thank you so much for the love and support. We promise to update often as Max walks through this next challenge.”
Soap Hub wishes Max and the entire Page family sincere thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
The Young and the Restless (YR) airs weekdays at CBS. Check local listings for airtimes.
— Max Page (@maxpagelildarth) January 23, 2018