On The Young and the Restless, everybody’s got an opinion…especially where their favorite daytime drama is concerned – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Genoa City week that was.
The Young and the Restless: A Week In Review for March 1-5
Victor (Eric Braeden) is real manipulative you know what – and we absolutely love him for it! Not only has he emboldened Victoria (Amelia Heinle) to purchase Ashland Locke’s media company, but he’s also managed to pull Adam (Mark Grossman) right back into his orbit. That takes skill.
And as a completely fringe benefit, Victor’s scheme is heralding the arrival of the Locke-ness Monster himself which is going to complicated Kyle’s (Michael Mealor) life to no end – especially now that he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he fathered Tara’s (Elizabeth Leiner) son.
Kudos to the Abbott scion for finally coming clean to Summer (Hunter King) about that little development…though we’d be remiss if we didn’t warn him to tread carefully. Summer isn’t exactly the most reliable partner. When the going gets tough she tends to get going, so if Kyle becomes the prey of a revenge-minded mogul, he shouldn’t be surprised if she tucked tail and ran for the hills.
Further Y&R Musings
* Guess who’s got control over both of her hands and can stand up on her own two feet of her own accord. That’s right, it’s Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan)! Now, the question is, will she use those legs for walking out of Adam’s life for good…or will she use them to walk to the nearest gun store, pick out a firearm, and plug her no-good lover full of lead? We’re honestly fine with either option. Those fantasies of hers have been a hoot and a half.
* Less entertaining, it the continued existence of Abby’s (Melissa Ordway) surrogacy storyline. It was so wonderful to see the likes of Ashely (Eileen Davidson) and Jill (Jess Walton), and Cricket *excuse us* Christine (Lauralee Bell) – but it hasn’t made us appreciate this plot anymore.
* So, Sharon (Sharon Chase) is convinced that therapy is best for everyone…except for her, huh? Yea…we ain’t buying it. And we’re so glad that Rey (Jordi Vilasuso) didn’t take no for an answer.
* How is it that everyone else in town save or Chloe (Elizabeth Hendrickson) has seen the photo of Adam and Sharon kissing?
* The descriptor “walking contradiction” was tailor-made for Phyllis (Michelle Stafford). She discouraged Summer’s desire to break into Kyle’s phone, just on the off chance that she didn’t find the answers she was looking for – or worse, she’d find them and it would be to her detriment.
And yet, she snuck into Sally’s (Courtney Hope) suite, stole her laptop, hacked her way into it, and then tried to use the woman’s search history against her. Phyllis certainly comes from that whole do as I say, not as I do school of parenting huh?
Speaking of Phyllis and her illegal endeavors, why oh why did she chose to carry Sally’s laptop into the hotel’s lobby? Was she wanting to get caught? Because that’s exactly what happened.
And by the way…do you actually by her whole, “I’d love to have a boring, peaceful life spiel?” No? Neither do we. The Young and the Restless airs weekdays on CBS. Check your local listing for air times.