Fans of The Young and the Restless (YR) can’t help but notice Ben Hermes, the charismatic actor playing businessman (and Vicki’s bed partner) Benjamin Hochman aka “The Hoch.”
Hermes recently shared via social media that he has several more episodes of Y&R that have yet to air, but Soap Hub has five solid reasons why we think the show needs to invite him to stick around indefinitely.
1. Easy Rider. Hermes has only been on (and off) the scene since early this year, but he fits in well with the show, playing scenes with Y&R mainstays like Peter Bergman (Jack), Eileen Davidson (Ashley), and Amelia Heinle (Victoria) with ease. Ben’s a confident businessman and that’s exactly how Hermes plays him.
2. Solid As A Rock. This guy’s a hunk! Don’t take our word for it, Hermes played charismatic Marlon Brando in an episode of Diary of TV Actress in 2015. Need another testimonial? Ask Vicki.
3. No Family Ties. At times, it seems as if everyone in Genoa City is related to everyone else. There’s been a lot of mixing and matching over the years on the show, too.
Neil and Ashley used to date. Paul and Lauren were a hot couple, but now they’re happily wed, respectively, to Christine and Michael (who were once engaged to each other). Ben mostly has a clean slate and can be plugged in anywhere.
4. Money Makes The World Go Around. Ben’s rich. He can buy and sell a lot of businesses and people. Adding another power player to the business scene can only help create more conflict. (Also, maybe he can give Cane a job?)
5. Gratitude. The actor seems genuinely appreciative to be on Y&R. He recently posted a photo of himself working with the Emmy-winning Bergman, noting, “Getting the chance to play with the ever-so-generous Peter Bergman is like taking a soap #Masterclass #luckyme #yr.”
So to sum up: Y&R has a great new character on the scene, who’s appealing and has lots of potential. And by all accounts, he seems happy to be there. Sounds like a keeper to us!
The Young and the Restless airs weekdays on CBS. Share your thoughts, leave a comment in the section below. Win exclusive member-only Y&R spoilers, prizes, and more: sign up here. Also, join the conversation on our Facebook page.