Kelly Kruger has become a regular name again in The Young and the Restless (YR) circles after years away from the show.
She returned for the soap’s 45th anniversary… and to warn Victoria what JT did to her during their marriage.
If you want to know more about the actress who brings Mac to life, read on for these 10 fascinating facts about Kelly Kruger.
1. Kruger was discovered when she was only 17 years old during a trip to Los Angeles. After she modeled for several years, Kruger made the switch to acting!
2. Kruger became the third actress to play Mackenzie Browning, the granddaughter of Katherine Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper). The first actress to play Mac was Ashley Bashioum. Nicole Taratini played the role briefly, before Kruger took it over in 2002.
3. Bonjour! Born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, Kruger speaks fluent French!
4. The entrepreneurial Kruger launched a beauty and lifestyle blog in 2014 named Madison Charles.
5. Kruger met her now-husband Darin Brooks (Wyatt, The Bold and the Beautiful) when she guested on his TV series Blue Mountain.
6. Be our guest! Kruger hasalso guest-starred in the series Criminal Minds, Castle, Bones, and Entourage.
7. In 2014, Kruger was cast as The Bold and the Beautiful’s Eva, the Forrester Creations International publicist, who’s appeared in several episodes. The role of Eva was named after B&B’s own Eva Demirjian, the show’s Vice President of Communications extraordinaire!
8. In March, it was announced that Kruger was reprising her role as Y&R’s Mac in honor of the show’s anniversary. Mac’s return also revealed that J.T. (Thad Luckinbill) had a controlling side.
9. One of Kruger’s earliest credits was playing “Shrieking Girl” on an episode of Titans, a short-lived Aaron Spelling nighttime soap that starred Jack Wagner (ex-Frisco, General Hospital) and Victoria Principal (ex-Pam, Dallas).
10. Kruger’s turn as Mac isn’t over. According to published reports, she’s set to return to once again as JT’s confused wife.