Another week in soaps has come and gone. Here’s what the Soap Hub Team loved and hated about the goings on in Los Angeles, Salem, Port Charles and Genoa City!
The Bold and the Beautiful
– Hey, Sheila (Kimberlin Brown), what goes around comes around. Steffy (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) may have shot you, but it was just a flesh wound. YOU shot Taylor right in the chest and nearly killed her!
– Eric (John McCook), has Quinn’s (Rena Sofer)betrayal blinded you to Sheila’s past? Or were those Stupid Pills that Sheila brought back instead of your real ones?
Days of our Lives
– Ron Carlivati means #HappyDAYSAreHereAgain, and has already energized Days. We suspect that he was tweaking some episodes prior to his first official one on July 19. He’s brought humor back! Here’s hoping that constant doom and gloom is a thing of the past!
– Dario’s not gone yet, but we miss him already! Jordi Vilasuso (and his guns!) are terrific!
– Angelica (Morgan Fairchild) cracked that the Brady Pub brought back “musty, provincial, pedestrian” memories, but the Bradys didn’t open the pub until 1992; Angelica’s last appearance was in 1991!
– Spencer (Nicolas Bechtel) wanting revenge on Valentin (James Patrick Stuart) is great to see; he’s a good son! Now that he’s missing, it’s finally giving Genie Francis’s Laura something to do. Seeing her go head to head with Valentin has been must-see TV!
– It was great that GH included Lee’s former daughter-in-law Laura and granddaughter Serena in the Peter Hansen (ex-Lee) tribute episode, but where was Monica, his wife Gail’s BFF?
– Michael…how did you manage to forgive Sonny (Maurice Benard) for killing A.J.? As for Finn (Michael Easton) and Hayden (Rebecca Budig), we’re thrilled things are going well but did you really need to have sex in the house before you were even sure you were buying it? Bet Lucy (Lynn Herring) is relieved you said yes so she doesn’t have to spend more on a cleaning crew.
The Young and the Restless
– Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) rose above her pain and played beautifully at the benefit for MS. And that kiss with Jack (Peter Bergman) was a serious bonus!
– Kudos to Y&R for starting what appears to be a same-sex relationship with Mariah and Tessa…but will viewers go for it?
– Nikki’s dress was more like a Chelsea 2.NO! Also, it seemed like the rest of the cast were overpaid extras at Nikki’s concert. There should have been way more conflict among other characters.
– We’re still not sure why Y&R let go of a great actor like Greg Rikaart (ex-Kevin). Maybe he should come back to the show sooner than later?
– OJ why? For decades now, OJ Simpson managed to disrupt daytime dramas. Please let this be the last time!
– Too many amazing actors and actresses are leaving. Stop letting top talent go so easily!