When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: The Critic’s POV
Boy, do I have opinions about this week’s GH episodes.
* Holly (Emma Samms) and Robert’s (Tristan Rogers) pitch perfect goodbye. [My one request? No more visits from Emma. Not because I don’t adore her and/or Holly, but because I can’t go another round of the “will they/won’t they/can they”.]
* Morgan Fairchild [Haven de Havilland] in all her bitchy glory.
* Cody (Josh Kelly) riding to Sasha’s (Sofia Mattsson) rescue [and making me blush with his “It’s huge” comment].
* Felicia’s (Kristina Wagner) and Alexis’s (Nancy Lee Grahn) cross.
* Selina Wu (Lydia Look) commanding all the attention [though I can’t help but wonder if it really behooves her to make moves against Sonny (Maurice Benard).]
* The deep dip into General Hospital’s own storied history that was Laura’s (Genie Francis) recalling her time as a receptionist at ELQ.
* Taggert (Réal Andrews) hits the nail on the head when he accused Portia (Brook Kerr) of purposefully focusing on meddling in Trina’s (Tabyana Ali) business rather than rebuilding her broken marriage.
* Can Chris and Dan/Dan and Chris henceforth please refrain from having Esme (Avery Kristen Pohl) constantly accuse everyone she crosses paths with of betraying/lying to/and/or using her? It’s getting pretty darn old and it’s turning the character into a pretty pathetic-sounding broken record.
* The eye-rolling/groan-inducing, unnecessarily repetitive scenes of Nina (Cynthia Watros) and Carly (Laura Wright) giving one another what for.
* Josslyn Jacks (Eden McCoy) availing herself of Sonny’s (Maurice Benard) magnanimity. Little girl, sit yourself down!
* What’s with Jordan (Tanisha Harper) debasing herself by leaning into that kiss that Curtis (Donnell Turner) proffered?
* Why would ANYONE trust the titular medical institution to perform ANY type of accurate testing?
The Everything In Between:
* I did not see Scotty (Kin Shriner) conscripting Cody into suing the WSB [here I was thinking he was going to talk the young man into hiring a salvage crew to go looking for that diamond and ruby encrusted necklace — shades of Titanic’s “Heart of the Ocean”]. Can he also help Frisco sue the Bureau for unfair dismissal?
* I’m cautiously anticipating the reading of Victor Cassadine’s will. If nothing else, it will serve to get a number of my favorite characters all in one room, and that I can’t complain about. That said, here’s hoping that Victor’s bequeathments have a longer-lasting impact than Helena’s did.
General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!