When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: The Critic Ponders
Is it just me, or are the General Hospital writers dropping anvil-size hints that Nikolas Cassadine (Adam Huss) isn’t long for this world?
I know for sure I heard the thud when Curtis (Donnell Turner) made it clear that he could never forgive someone for keeping a parent away from their child the way Carly (Laura Wright) did. Portia (Brook Kerr), you’d better buckle up baby.
And am I wrong in hypothesizing that mercenary Mason (Nathanyael Grey), an absolutely fed up-to-the-back teeth Austin (Roger Howarth), and antagonizing Ava (Maura West) are on a collision course with destiny?
Further GH Musings
* A Finn (Michael Easton) and Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst) redux? Please, please say that it isn’t so!
* At what point does Michael (Chad Duell) just cut his losses where revenging himself against Sonny (Maurice Benard) is concerned? Better question, how much longer does Chris and Dan/Dan and Chris intend to subject us to this ill-conceived, underdeveloped, go nowhere storyline?
* I normally find myself praising General Hospital’s set designers and special effects artists, but when it comes to Willow’s brief sojourn into the world beyond it looked like the teams were handed 2 dollars and they returned a buck fifty.
* I’m on record as not being especially enamored of Parry Shen’s [Brad Cooper] initially burst of grief for poor slain Britt, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t slightly moved by his solo ice cream toast to Brad’s bestie.
* Is there ANYTHING that isn’t about Josslyn (Eden McCoy) — or, at least anything that Josslyn can’t make about herself? I’m seriously asking because apparently baby Corinthos’s birth and Britt Westbourne’s memorial service are all about her and I missed the memo.
* Nicolas Alexander Chavez [Spencer Cassadine] is out here doing Emmy-worthy work!
* Oh! There’s Chase (Josh Swickard) and Brook Lynn (Amanda Setton). I completely forgot they were still fixtures on this canvas. Then again, I think the writers did too.
* The placement of those photos on the ‘wall of remembrance’ or whatever the hospital is calling it these days is…interesting. Where in the world will they fit the likes of Audrey — sandwich her way down on the bottom rung between Jessie and Lucille? — and Epiphany?
The best place for true soap fans to be is our Facebook groups. Have you joined? If you love soap spoilers, gossip, and fans as dedicated as yourself, check out Days of our Lives Fans, General Hospital Exclusive, The Young and the Restless Fans, and The Bold and the Beautiful Fans.