Several cast members of All My Children are doing a virtual reunion in order to pay tribute to the late John Callahan who played Edmund Grey on the ABC soap opera. And you can be there! The event is set for Sunday, August 1, and Soap Hub has all the details.
All My Children Cast Reunite — Remembering John Callahan
John Callahan passed away in March of 2020. Among the attendees at the AMC tribute reunion will be his former wife Eva LaRue (Maria). The couple shares a daughter, Kaya. Also attending are Susan Lucci (Erica), Cameron Mathison (Ryan), Vincent Irizarry (David), Kim Delaney (Jenny; now, Jackie on General Hospital), Walt Willey (Jack), Darnell Williams (Jesse), Alicia Minshew (Kendall), Melissa Claire Egan (Annie; now Chelsea on The Young and the Restless), Rebecca Budig (Greenlee), Jacob Young (JR), Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin; now, Rey on Y&R), Aiden Turner (Aidan), Laurence Lau (Greg), Bill Timoney (Alfred), Michael E. Knight (Tad; now, Martin Grey on GH), and Kathleen Noone (Ellen).
“This means the world to me and to Kaya!” LaRue shares with Soap Hub. “Having so many of the people I adore showing up on Sunday to honor John and raise money for charity literally fills my heart to the brim! I know he LOVES this! He would have loved the stroll down Memory Lane with all his friends, and I know he’ll be with us on Sunday from his heavenly BarcaLounger.”
“So looking forward to hanging with my dear ‘Pine Valley’ family and honoring the memory of one of our own who left us all way too soon, Mr. John Callahan,” attendee Vincent Irizarry (who played Dr. David Hayward on AMC), tells Soap Hub.
Walt Willey says, “So honored to be a part of this event. John was a great friend and castmate and it’s a privilege to do this reunion in honor of his memory. As sad as it is, it’s great to reunite in his memory to support two great charities.”
Knight, known for his deadpan humor, previewed the upcoming reunion by saying, “I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats….what’s Cats? WE love you, John.”
How Fans Can Participate
The following information from event organizer Coastal Entertainment explains that all proceeds will be donated to Contractors for Kids and Tunnel to Towers Foundation in John Callahan’s name, a member of the cast that passed suddenly last year.
– Check-in is at 4:15 p.m. EST. The event begins at 5:00 p.m. EST
– General Admission tickets are $25 plus tax – these ticket holders will be off-screen but able to ask questions via the chat feature (75-minute event).
– Zoomie tickets- $40 plus tax and limited to just 20 tickets available- you will appear on screen with the actors on zoom. (75-minute event).
– Super Zoom tickets – $99 plus tax and limited to just 40 tickets- appear on screen for 75 minutes with the actors, PLUS participate in an additional 45-minute post zoom event with some of the actors from AMC. Hear some of the best stories from their years on the show and some of you will have an opportunity to ask a question. PLUS receive a thank you video (from Eva LaRue) sent out within 7 days via email. Superzoom event begins at 6:30 p.m. EST
– Tickets are non-refundable. No videotaping of the events, and you must have a working knowledge of Zoom. We are not responsible for any technical difficulty joining the Zoom event- please arrive on Zoom in advance to the event for check-in and be sure your Zoom account matches your name on your ticket purchase.
– All zoom links will be emailed out with details three days prior to the event and again the day of the event. For any questions, please email us at [email protected]