When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For a week we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
As soon as GH had two pregnant women on the canvas at the exact same time, many fans – and the most jaded of soap journalists – began to suspect that a baby switch was immanent.
And then, what surprise, it was revealed that Brook Lynn (Amanda Setton) wasn’t even really pregnant…now that was a twist we didn’t see coming.
However, what we can now clearly see, is where the Brook Lynn vs Valentin (James Patrick Stuart) and the Maxie (Kirsten Storms) and Britt (Kelly Thiebaud) vs. Peter (Wes Ramsey) stories are headed.
The short version: Maxie hands her precious little one over to Brook Lynn, Brook Lynn uses “her” daughter to extract controlling interest in ELQ, chaos ensues when the truth is outed.
If you’re experiencing a bit of déjà vu, that’s probably because this story smacks quite a bit of the Maxie/Lulu (Emme Rylan) plot from yesteryear; the one where Maxie gave birth to, and handed over to Lulu and Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) what she knew good and darn well was her and Spinelli’s (Bradford Anderson) child.
Now, the climax of that story, which involved an emotionally draining courtroom battle, might indicate the climax of this other baby debacle.
Couldn’t you just imagine the delicious drama that would result from a custody battle between Maxie and Brook Lynn? Add crafty Valentin and some switched maternity tests into the mix and you’ve got one heck of a November Sweeps.
Further GH Musings
* Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, which member of the Harrison family ingested the poison intended for Finn (Michael Easton)? And can we just agree that the most dangerous prop in the whole of this soap is not Jason’s (Steve Burton) trusty side arm, or that dagger Helena (Constance Towers) used to off Alexis’ (Nancy Lee Grahn) mother, but is actually a Lazy Susan? Seriously, those things frighten even Heather Webber (Robin Matson).
* The Sasha (Sofia Mattsson), Michael (Chad Duell), Willow (Katelyn MacMullen) and Chase (Josh Swickard) quadrangle is now officially a triangle – thanks for bowing out so gracefully Miss Gilmore. But what does the future hold? Is Millow endgame? Or does Chillow still stand a chance?
* And speaking of Nancy Lee Grahn – Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary!! As far as character study episodes go, and GH has been home to quite a few in the past decade – this one was absolutely top-notch…though the absence of Diane (Carolyn Hennesy) and Aleixs’ grandchildren were glaring.
* It’s been quite some time since Laura (Genie Francis) and Ava (Maura West) were last face to face…but Friday’s episode sure made up for that! Our sincerest thank you to the GH writers for remembering this “shouldn’t work but oddly does” friendship.
* On the subject of Ava, isn’t it just a little too easy to assume that her mystery “admirer” is Ryan (Jon Lindstrom)? General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes.