When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: The Critic Gets Tickled
Though I know quite a few who found the references a little too “precious”, I, for one, got a kick out of both the [admittedly on the nose] shout-out to James Reynolds’s role on Generations, [the actor famously abandoned his role of Abe in 1991 to play Henry Marshall “who owned and operated a chain of five moderately successful ice cream parlors”] and the adoption of the title Body and Soul [which was a place holder for a proposed Marlena-centric spinoff].
Further DAYS Musings
* Am I alone in no longer finding Wendy (Victoria Grace) a rootable character? Also, can I hear it for swaggertastic Tripp Johnson (Lucas Adams)? Where was this guy when Allie (Lindsay Arnold) was playing Tripp for a damn fool?
* Frequent backstabbings aside, Gwen (Emily O’Brien) and Leo (Greg Rikaart) truly are #FriendGoals.
* Man, do I appreciate mercenary “Kill before the problem escalates” Kate Roberts (Lauren Koslow).
* No, no, no to the Xander/Chloe romantic pairing. I was all for the nod to The Odd Couple [one’s a prissy and house proud, the other’s a loveable slob] but this development really rankles.
* Sloan’s (Jessica Serfaty) saliva substitution no doubt surprised no one, but I’ve got to ask: would the test really not have indicated that the DNA being tested wasn’t that of a man?
Days of our Lives airs weekdays on Peacock+ in the U.S. and The W Network or Global TV App in Canada. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
For more about what’s happening on your favorite soaps, join the conversation over on our Facebook Page, check out our Twitter feed, or look for an update on our Instagram stories. See you over there!