When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the DAYS week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
Could it be made any clearer that EJ (Daniel Feuerriegel) is up to no good; that he already knows all about Sami (Alison Sweeney) and Lucas’s (Bryan Dattilo) affair? From the facial expressions that he reveals when left on his own, to his body language, to his little tete-a-tete with Daddy Stefano’s portrait, the truth has been telegraphed. And in case you didn’t catch it, the show had Tony (Thaao Penghlis) pensively muse the same.
What remains to be seen, is whether or not EJ will punish those who wronged him. Perhaps he is sincere in his quest to earn back Sami’s love and devotion…or perhaps he’s building her up before dropping her hard.
And that would be par for the course where these two are concerned. Anybody else remember that time when EJ cheated with Abigail and Sami found out? She played it cool and bided her time. And then she and Kate (Lauren Koslow) teamed up, and wreaked havoc, and left EJ high and dry. It was glorious.
But will this soap tread the same ground? Given the discussions that we’ve had in the past…we’re going to say yes.
Further DAYS Musings
* As the legal owner of House DiMera, shouldn’t Gabi (Camila Banus) object to EJ and Sami just moving right on in? In fact, why is Chad (Billy Flynn) even still there? Ditto Tony and Anna (Leann Hunley).
* How is it that Belle (Martha Madison) disconnected Jan’s (Heather Lindell) ventilator, and no one at the hospital was alerted? And why, or why did Shawn (Brandon Beemer) plug it back in?! Also, HER FINGER MOVED! JAN’S FINGERED MOVED! That’s totally soap speak for, “resurrection imminent.”
* How did Anna (Leann Hunley) know anything about Andre (Thaao Penghlis) faking blindness? She wasn’t on the canvas in the 1990’s. And what about Kate (Lauren Koslow)? Wasn’t she a little too busy during that same period battling Vivian Alamain over Victor’s (John Aniston) love and that purloined embryo that grew up to be Philip?
* Okay, we can maybe accept Justin (Wally Kurth) and Bonnie (Judi Evans) as a couple – and we can certainly accept Bonnie’s evolution into a decent human being. There isn’t a soap that does villain to hero transformation quite like DAYS.
But did the show REALLY have have to reenact Justin and Adrienne’s (also Judi Evans) meet? Park bench? Check! Crying woman? Check! Hankey gallantly offered? Check…but why?
Oh, that’s right, this is the same show that merely transposed all the romantic trappings of the Roman (Josh Taylor)/Marlena (Deidre Hall) romance – think strawberries and cream and terms of endearment like Doc – onto Marlena and John.
* So, the brothers DiMera don’t want a, “low-life mobster” running the family company, huh? Hate to break it to them, but the family company was founded by a low life mobster. Do they even know Stefano?
* Anyone else find EJ insulting Jake’s occupation as a garage mechanic a tad ironic considering the fact that EJ was a professional race car driver?
* How was Tony able to instantly recognize EJ when he found his sitting inside the DiMera drawing room? Correct us if we’re wrong, but the last time their paths crossed, EJ was still burn scarred and practically mummified.
Did Sami send off photographs depicting the results of each and every one of her husband’s operations so that his kin could monitor the progress and then see the final results?
* Welp, Rafe (Galen Gering) finally did it. He got over Hope, and he’s moved on with Ava (Tamara Braun) in every way that counts. Cue Hope’s return in 5…4…3…2…Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes.