The Logan clan is more complete than it’s been in a long time now that Jennifer Gareis is coming back as Donna on The Bold and the Beautiful.
The character of Donna’s been on the show since the beginning, so here’s a fun-facts primer about the character.
1. Hollywood Royalty: While Gareis has played the part of Donna for years, longtime B&B viewers recall that actress Carrie Mitchum originated the role. She last appeared as Donna in 1994 at Ridge and Brooke’s wedding.
2. The Naked Waitress: Wanting to make more money than she did as a waitress, Donna posed for naked photos after being told that they’d only appear in overseas publications.
She modeled under the name “Savannah” but Bill Spencer Sr. (Jim Storm) published the pictures domestically. Donna got even by pushing nude photos of Bill in one of his own publications.
3. Showstopper: Donna went on to model for Spectra Fashions. When Spectra squared off against Forrester on board the Queen Mary at a joint fashion show, Donna modeled the showstopper unaware that Clarke Garrison (Dan McVicar), aka Beau Rivage, had subconsciously duplicated his efforts for both company gowns. Donna and Kristen (then Teri Ann Lin) stood side by side in similar gowns. Oops.
4. Thorne In Her Side: Donna was head over heels in love with Thorne Forrester (Ingo Rademacher; then, Jeff Trachta) but found out the hard way that Thorne was in love with Macy (Bobbie Eakes) when the two sang the song What’s Forever For?
5. True Love: Stephanie (Susan Flannery) blackmailed Donna (Gareis) into leaving Eric (John McCook) by threatening to tell the police that Storm (Will deVry) shot her. Donna agreed, but Eric saw through her ruse and the two teamed up to trick Stephanie into thinking they’d broken up!
The Bold and the Beautiful airs weekdays on CBS. Check local listings for airtimes.