The Bold and the Beautiful is set in Los Angeles so it’s only natural that some celebrities would cross paths with the fabulous Forresters! Here’s a list of some real-life stars who’ve appeared on B&B as themselves!
1. Charlton Heston. The Ten Commandments actor played himself, a neighbor of Stephanie’s (Susan Flannery). He shared scenes with the Forrester matriarch and was part of the Salute to Hollywood Forrester fashion show!
2. Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows. The real-life husband and wife duo also lent their star power to the show, adding authenticity to the Salute to Hollywood episodes. The actors played the King and Queen in a stage production of Cinderella that starred Jeff Trachta (ex-Thorne) and Bobbie Eakes (Macy).
3. Dionne Warwick. The celebrated singer popped up on the show as a longtime friend of Lauren Fenmore’s (Tracey Bregman). Warwick serenaded Lauren and then-beau Eric Forrester (John McCook) with the tune High Upon This Love, which was used as B&B’s closing theme song for a time.
4. Tommy Tune. When the Broadway legend revived Grease in the ‘90s, Trachta won the role of Danny Zucko and headed to New York. How to write Thorne out? B&B cast Tune as himself on the show and had him offer Thorne the part in a case of life imitating art!
5. Phyllis Diller. Okay, Diller wasn’t cast as herself, but rather Gladys, a beautician who helped Taylor (Hunter Tylo) disguise herself upon her return to Los Angeles after being presumed dead.
While Diller didn’t play herself, viewers certainly saw similarities between the comedienne and her soap opera alter-ego. Diller recurred as Gladys throughout the years, being appropriately paired with the fun-loving Spectra gang!
The Bold and the Beautiful airs weekdays on CBS. Check local listings for airtimes.