The Bold and the Beautiful, once considered the “new” soap on the block, just celebrated its 31st anniversary! Over the decades, there have been many memorable stories, characters, and moments.
In honor of this milestone, Soap Hub looks back at five of B&B’s many memorable storylines in descending order!
5. Family Ties. We’ve seen the “you’re not my sister, you’re my mother” many times on soaps. B&B put a modern spin on this when Nicole Avant (Reign Edwards) confronted her sibling Maya (Karla Mosley), who had undergone a sex change operation and proclaimed, “You’re not my sister. You’re my brother!”
4. Accidental Sex. Oliver Jones (Zack Conroy) and Hope Logan (Kim Matula) decided that they’d have sex at her high school graduation party at the Forrester mansion.
Alas, the theme of the gala – everyone wearing a mask – became problematic. Oliver thought he was having sex with Hope when he saw her wearing a necklace he’d given her. But Hope wasn’t in possession of the jewelry – her mother Brooke (Katherine Kelly Lang) was!
3. Stephanie Speaks From The Heart. Stephanie lied that she’d had a heart attack to get Ridge (Ronn Moss) to dump Brooke and return to his “late” wife Taylor (Hunter Tylo).
Brooke got the goods on Steph’s lies and forced her to confess all at Nick (Jack Wagner) and Bridget’s (Ashley Jones) wedding. Stephanie (Susan Flannery) came clean but not before she stoically informed her family and Bridget what she thought of them all for always giving Brooke a pass — no matter how destructive her behavior was.
2. Surprise Proposal. Ridge had planned to propose marriage to Brooke at the conclusion of a Forrester fashion show.
Brooke learned that Ridge was going to “trick” her into wearing a showstopper wedding gown and then Ridge would pop the question in front of everyone.
After believing that Brooke had been unfaithful to him with his buddy Grant (Charles Grant), Ridge re-thought his future and got his ex-wife Taylor to model the gown. He proposed to her instead. Brooke was devastated. Stephanie was, of course, thrilled!
1. Caroline’s Charm. Ridge’s dying wife Caroline (Joanna Johnson) didn’t want her husband to know that she wouldn’t be celebrating any anniversaries with him. Alas, Ridge discovered the truth and decided to give the wife a bracelet with charms representing a home, children and other milestones that they sadly would never share.
Caroline was devastated to learn that Ridge had discovered her terminal condition after fighting hard to spare him any pain. The Bold and the Beautiful (BB) airs weekdays on CBS. Check local listings for airtimes.