Name: Eric Braeden
Occupation: Actor (Portrays Victor Newman on The Young and the Restless)
Date of Birth: April 3, 1941
Marital Status: Married Dale Russell (1966 – present) 1 child – Christian
Born Hans-Jörg Gudegast on April 3, 1941, in Kiel, Braeden grew up in nearby Bredenbek, Germany. As a high school student-athlete, his wins in discus, javelin, and shot-put contributed to his team winning the National German Youth Championship.
Leaving his native Germany, Braeden emigrated to the US in 1959. He settled in Texas, where a cousin found him work as a translator. After a few months, he left for Montana, to work on the ranch of a fellow German ex-pat.
He earned a partial athletic scholarship to the University of Montana (then Montana State University) and worked part-time at a lumber mill. It was in Montana where Braeden met Bob McKinnon.
No long after, McKinnon convinced him to join a sponsored motorboat trip up and down the treacherous Salmon River. The idea was to film a documentary of the journey and take it to California.
Braeden decided to remain in California and worked odd jobs at restaurants, while studying Political Science at Santa Monica State, which is where he met and fell in love with his future wife. He began working in TV and film and a few years later, the professional became a full fledged actor.
- Made first appearance on TV in 1961
- Appeared in more than 30 shows
- Awarded Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 1998 for his role as Victor Newman on Y&R
- Nominated for Awarded Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 1990, 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2004 for his role as Victor Newman on Y&R
- Received a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame on July 20, 2007.
More About Eric Braeden
- Eric Braeden Shows The Y&R Cast Is Like Family In Heartwarming Message!
- Eric Braeden Receives Amazing Honor Alongside Dr. Ruth!
- What Do Soap Icons Maurice Benard and Eric Braeden Have In Common?
- See Why Eric Braeden Teared Up During Video Tribute to Y&R
- Pictures of Eric Braeden and his Adorable Family
Play Eric Braeden Puzzles and Quizzes